Purpose and method of this report
The recent shift to distance education has presented several challenges for both schools and students, one of them being a significant decrease in students’ learning ability. The purposes of this report are to:
- identify the factors that contribute to the lack of learning ability and satisfaction;
- determine what technological tools would be best suited to meet children’s learning needs;
- recommend ways to increase students’ interest in learning.
The ways to use modern technologies and the Internet were examined in terms of teaching approaches. Different combinations of modern technologies, Internet resources, and classical teaching methods were analyzed to create new types of tasks and activities that can help maximize children’s involvement during the lesson.
Findings and conclusions
Some schools have already recognized the usefulness of the given technology-based interactive approaches and adopted them to a certain extent. Los Angeles schools’ partnership with a TV station is an example of it. However, most schools are still using classical teaching approaches. The reasons for this may include the lack of initiative on the part of teachers or the school’s administration. Despite that, ways can be found to introduce new approaches and establish the practice of using modern technology in the teaching process.
The result of this study shows that school principals and teachers’ consent and participation will be required to implement the measures proposed.
Recommendations for increasing learning ability
Recommendations for increasing learning ability and satisfaction include:
- using available and creating new games to practice skills
- creating reward systems to encourage students
- introducing an element of competition into the studying process
- providing communication between students via applications.